[Xen-devel] Xenlinux oops and crashes with nbd, Xen no longer boots

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xenlinux oops and crashes with nbd, Xen no longer boots
From: murble-xendev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:24:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:24:09 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

When I start a new domain using an nbd exported device into domain0,
xenlinux Oops and crashes.  Nbd otherwise works fine in domain0 I
can mount filesystems on it, dd them all, export them from domain0
to a new domain via nfs from domain0 also works.

This is easily reproducable, with somthing like

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/xen-uml0,sda1,w' ]

Where xen-uml0 is the nbd exported device.

With Changeset 1.1063  Xen crashes at start up only displaying the
figlet banner + (Xen) Unknown Interrupt.

Hardware is
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 697.541
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 6973.03

--
bill boughton