Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support

To: Niraj Tolia <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:11:16 +0100
Cc: Steve Traugott <stevegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:13:59 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> FWIW, I managed to get the following combinations of iSCSI
> initiators/targets to work. Initiators ran in domain 0 while targets
> ran on a vanilla linux system (no xen). I haven't really stressed the
> systems though.
>
> UNH Initiator <--> UNH Target
> Cisco Initiator <--> UNH Target
> Intel PRO/1000 T (Hardware) Initiator <--> UNH Target
>
> A good site that might help is <http://zaal.org/iscsi/>.

Interesting -- I hadn't come across the UNH target or initiator.

The guy on zaal.org is pretty damning of both the UNH and Ardis
targets, but has set about writing his own:
 http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/

This actually looks pretty good, even though it's still an alpha
release. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has tried it in
anger.

Ian