Re: [Xen-devel] QLogic Fibre Channel HBA Support

> > An alternative to using a FCAL SAN is to use iSCSI. I've found
> > that the Linux Cisco iSCSI initiator code works nicely, and can
> > either talk to a hardware iSCSI target or to the Ardistech Linux
> > iSCSI s/w target. I've generally configured it such that the
> > domain talks iSCSI directly (using an initrd to enable root to be
> > on the iSCSI volume). Others have configured iSCSI in domain 0
> > and then exported the partitions to other domains as block
> > devices using the normal VBD mechanism.
>
> I'd need to use the iSCSI in domain 0 approach (other people's
> guests...), haven't tried it due to lack of hardware targets, didn't get
> warm fuzzies from Ardistech's code -- you've had no problems with it
> though?

FWIW, I managed to get the following combinations of iSCSI
initiators/targets to work. Initiators ran in domain 0 while targets
ran on a vanilla linux system (no xen). I haven't really stressed the
systems though.

UNH Initiator <--> UNH Target
Cisco Initiator <--> UNH Target
Intel PRO/1000 T (Hardware) Initiator <--> UNH Target

A good site that might help is <http://zaal.org/iscsi/>.

Niraj