Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : no eth0 when boot up

To: "Yan Li" <yan_li00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-Unstable : no eth0 when boot up
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:46:34 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:47:51 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> unfortunaly new problems comes. :(
> I noticed long ago that after install xen, 'halt' didn't work, it just acted
> like reboot. So I wanna try it on this 1.3, and it turned that it still just
> reboots the machine. And I trid this on two xen machines, both worked this
> way.

'halt' doesn't seem very useful, but it's easily implemented.

> More serious problems is after this reboot, eth0 lost again. I didn't change
> anything since eth0 was up. I'm sure the .config has set e100=y. So I 'make
> clean' and 'make world' 'make install' again, still didn't work.
>
> e100:selftest timeout
> e100:failed to initialize, instance #0
> hello world from e100_init_module

Sounds like the selftest is marginal. Can you increase the timeout in
e100_selftest, or check the return value from schedule_timeout (it
maybe returnign early), or perhaps try calling e100_selftest a few
time before failing?

 -- Keir