Re: [Xen-devel] Xen1.2 NetBSD port snapshot available and set_gdt patch

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen1.2 NetBSD port snapshot available and set_gdt patch for Xen1.2
From: Christian Limpach <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 04:43:15 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:44:16 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I see that the linux domain building routine was close enough to
> what you needed, so you didn't need a NetBSD specific routine.

yes, that was neat.  I'm not happy with the hack of passing the symbol table
in as an initrd but I can fix that by embedding the symbol table into the
kernel image's data section.  That would also remove the dumpsym program
from the build step and then I can include the mangling of the kernel into a
XenoGues image into the regular build.  That would also make NetBSD/xen
cross-buildable, i.e. you can build it on a Linux host.

> How do you think it best to distribute this stuff?  We'd be
> happy to put whatever you think appropriate in to the Xen tree.

I think there should be a netbsd config file for the domain creation tools,
once I've made the above changes.
I don't think you'd want the whole kernel tree in the Xen tree?
You could put the sys/arch/xen files into the Xen tree and also the 5
additional files which need changes, but it's not really stable/useable yet.
Also, I'm waiting for the OK to commit all this to the NetBSD tree and then
it won't make much sense to have it in the Xen tree anymore.

    christian