Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port and a couple of remarks

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port and a couple of remarks
From: John Szakmeister <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:14:09 -0500
Cc: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Limpach <chris@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:23:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We certainly had concerns when we embarked on using bk, but
> there's no denying that it's a damn good tool, considerably
> better than cvs/arch/subversion. Different people in the group
> have tried using both arch and subversion for other large
> projects, but the experience hasn't been good.

I don't know who on the list has tried Subversion, but I'd love to invite them
to try the latest incarnation of it, as well as provide feedback about the
experiences they've had.  Over the last 6 months, their have been serious
speed improvements, and it's currently pushing for a 1.0 release (which looks
to be happening towards the end of February).  I'm certainly not advocating
that you guys give up the version control that you have right now, it appears
that a choice has been made. :-)  But the Subversion community would love to
hear how we could make the tool better, especially in the way of large
projects.

-John