Re: [Xen-devel] NetBSD port and a couple of remarks

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Andi Kleen wrote:
> This one is the killer.

For the individual in question, certainly.

> If you ever touched the source of any VCS or work for a company who might ship
> one (and many big software companies have similar programs) then you cannot
> use it.
> Also it is vague enough that you could basically get sued anytime. They just
> have to define some product you're involved in as "competing with bitkeeper"

Well, then Larry needs to clarify the license. However, he has received
so much pointless criticism over the years for what in end effect was
meant to be a favor to Linus that I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't
consider it worth his while.

> Who knows, maybe Xen will compete with some obscure feature of BitKeeper at
> some point?

I wholly doubt it.