[Xen-devel] xen and sshd

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen and sshd
From: "Jaswinder S. Ahluwalia" <jahluwal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:17:11 -0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:19:43 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a graduate student at the University of California, San Diego and am working on a class project that would use xen to create a virtual honeyfarm. We are in the earliest stages and are just going to begin setting up xen. Currently, I’m experimenting with the Xen Demo CD. As I understand it, the only way to access a domain is to ssh into it. However, I don’t believe sshd is starting when these domains are being created. My question is how can sshd be started?

Here is what I am currently doing:

2)       dhclient

3)       mv /etc/xenctl.xml-publicip /etc/xenctl.xml

4)       xenctl domain new -4<192.168.1.5> -g<192.168.1.1> -m<255.255.255.0>

5)       xenctl domain start –n1

6)       then I try to ssh into the domain and I get a connection refused message. I can ping it so I do believe it is up, I just think sshd is not running.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong and/or what other ways a domain can be accessed. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I really need each xen domain to have its own ip address that can be accessed externally.

Thank You,

Jas