Re: [Xen-API] XCP BETA BUG: Install from Local Media assumes that you bu

To: Terrel Shumway <pythonista466@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] XCP BETA BUG: Install from Local Media assumes that you burned a physical CD
From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 10:05:39 +0100
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 02:05:58 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/14/2011 11:48 AM, Terrel Shumway wrote:
The newt installer has a choice to install from "Local Media", but when I choose that option, it just checks all of the local optical drives.

I would like to be able to specify the location of packages.main (I assume that's what it is looking for), e.g. /dev/sde4:/xcp-root  (or even /dev/sdb5:/downloads/XCP-1.1-beta-base-48877.iso)

I am comfortable mucking around in python, but I am a complete newbie to xen and anaconda.

Where in the install.img do I find the right file to hack? Or do I have to go deeper and rebuild something?

I've got no clue how to muck around with the host installer, either. What I would do is mount the ISO on another machine, and then use thttpd to serve the directory that contains packages.main. Then you can use the HTTP/FTP option in the host installer, instead of Local Media. Will this help?

Mike