Re: [Xen-API] Live migration without access to HVM guests

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Live migration without access to HVM guests
From: Dart Vader <dartvader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:21:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:21:18 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, The live migration fails for all HVM linux machines (already tried with Centos 5.6 and ubuntu 11.04), seems a problem with hdd dma, on the console we can see that the domu loose the access to the hdd after migration. btw, on the same pool, a win 2008R2 domu can do live migration without problems.

I cant understand, whats the difference between HVM linux and HVM windows ? its not the same QEMU emulation ?

Any clue ?
Thanks