Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API: XMLRPC Documentation

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API: XMLRPC Documentation
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:57:13 +0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 04:57:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:in-reply-to :references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; bh=8u07lwgwiU21JhcCKPIi/3RSv1OUUl3r1u2TtAGy5x4=; b=h2q0zKyiDUiriloWmUpybaZpCaCwfsuNbfbnxBcqN6ks6LctJiG/TU+NbfbmY/Vzpc ZKxaYFGTh5Vk50EH5Y4N9mN3LXCdevCWcz9JidYx43/03yv0ct5oQhqkUS1ENDVEUyn1 gICLRGidvtu820HBGH+k0MgAQdaQMSNNpnz2M=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, you can ignore ocaml existence in first iteration (see below) and
use (for example) python with XenAPI.py interface. Main difference in
xapi and xend implementation of XenAPI is pool-related classed (xend
have no conception of pool).

About ocaml... In first XenAPI is language-neutral interface, but xapi
implementation is poor: they store some values in ocaml format (f.e.
last_boot_record for vm). But management part and main data are
available for use without ocaml concern.

Documentation published on xen.org site:
http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/ocamldoc/

Yes, this is only reference. No guideline or tutorial available.