Re: [Xen-API] Xen API and XML-RPC

To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Xen API and XML-RPC
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:01:09 +0100
Cc: Paolo Tonin <paolo.tonin@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:01:19 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:49:20PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:30:20PM +0200, Paolo Tonin wrote:
> > I'm developing a Xen interface in PHP with xmlrpc support.
> > I'm trying to login with the class 'session' like in the pdf api on
> > Xen wiki, but this is the result of debugging:
>
> I'm afraid the formal Xen XML-RPC API as described in Ewan's doc hasn't
> actually been implemented yet. There is a stub XMLRPC service listening
> in XenD, but it is not implementing the API described in the docs. IIRC
> the expectation is that work on the server side of the XML-RPC apis will
> begin once Xen 3.0.3 is released, so the first formal Xen release with
> support will be 3.0.4 - Ewan will correct me if i'm wrong on these
> schedules.

That's all correct, yes.

On the Xen-API wiki page (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenApi) there is a
hacked-up version of XMLRPCServer.py, and if you replace Xend's one with that,
then you will get a few stubs for a few of the calls.  They don't have any
useful functionality behind them though -- that's still to be implemented --
all you get is fake data back.

Ewan.