Re: [Xen-users] Dump an image based domU to a logical volume

  • To: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Nuno L. Ferreira" <nunolf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:16:50 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 03:17:53 -0700

Dear Simon,

Thanks.
I just found out that ... kpartx tool is also able to work with logical volumes (I thought that it was meant only for file based stuff like images). Thus, even if the LV based domU has several partitions (in the same LV) they can be accessed individually and file edition is possible for fine configuration of the domU if needed.

Cheers,
N.

Simon Hobson wrote:
Nuno L. Ferreira wrote:

Part II
+++++
I also tryed instead of creating a pristine image file, install the pristine domU directly into a LV based. But, how do I mount the LV to edit configuration files inside of it? Because now there is a partition table inside the domU, and I don't know how to handle with it. Any link on how to do it?

xm block-attach has been suggested to attach the LV to the Dom0 and then you can access the partitions the same as you'd do on a real disk.

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira

NMR Spectroscopy Research Group
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research
Utrecht University
Bloembergen gebouw
Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht
The Netherlands