Re: [Xen-users] Any tool which shows the layout of LVM based domU

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Mr. X <tlviewer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> here the Ubuntu installer will take my disk and choose a layout to install
> Server 9.10, which is LVM based.

> Besides using commercial tools, what can be done to simplify this? Hacking
> the layout is vital for doing backups, restores, or resizing.

... and that is exactly why I use block devices directly without
partition/LVM on domU side. Something like

disk = ["phy:/dev/virtvm/ubsvr91root,hda1,w"  ]

If you use LVM on domU, then the easiest backup method would be from
within domU itself. Treat it like any other physical machine. And
resize (the growing part at least) is a matter of adding a new block
device and extend domU's vg to use that device.

--
Fajar