[Xen-users] Problema keeping Time in HVM Guest

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Angel Motta <angelmotta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:21:30 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:22:44 -0800

Hi List
This is my first time that I write to the list. I have a serious problem with the time in one HVM Guest, because this VM has the time ahead 20min compared with the host Xen.
I have tried to configure ntp client in the host Xen and in the HVM Guest but the problem continuos, the hvm never get sync with the ntp server. Then i configured the time with the ntpdate command in the crontab every minute and disable acpi=0 and reboot, but the time adjust 3 or sometimes 7seconds on the HVM Guest and this is critical because this Guest is db pgsql.

I wan to know what is the procedure for this case??. I read the option of: echo 1 > /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock but this is only for the paravirtualized guest because i my guest hvm I dont have this file and i can't apply this method.

Host Xen:
Centos 5.3
xen-3.0.3-80.el5_3.3

HVM Guest
Centos 5.3

I have one windows 2003 in this Host Xen and this guest have the time ok using ntpclient.
--
Atte
Angel Motta Paz