Re: [Xen-users] Re: XEN and clustering?

This forces me to migrate 3TB of data to CLVM volumes, but at least I
know that it a working combination... I dropped CLVM because of it's
limits (cluster has to be up for it to map volumes, can't do snapshots
etc), but at least with CLVM everything works.

You can do it live though, aside from any reboots you need to set up the cluster infrastructure (and you probably should reboot to ensure it all works, it can be tricky).

dom0: xm block-attach domU phy:/dev/clvmvg/clvmlv sdN w
domU: fdisk /dev/sdN ...
domU: pvcreate /dev/sdN1
domU: vgextend /dev/vgnamehere /dev/sdN1
domU: pvmove ...
domU: vgreduce ...
dom0: xm block-detach domU <id of non-CLVM lv>

It's taken a while, but I'm a fan of the RHCS stuff. There are some caveats (`service clvmd stop; service cman stop` before you reboot a node, other trickiness with getting and keeping everything sync'd up) but it's well worth the hassle to keep things consistent.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer