RE: [Xen-users] 3.4-testing : Kernel panic on bootup (mount: couldnotfind filesystem /dev/root/)

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Madhu Venugopal (vmadhu)" <vmadhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:22:50 -0700
  • Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:23:52 -0700

Hi Fajar, all,

Without much luck with CentOS, I tried Fedora 11.

This time, I could get Xen3.4.1 up and running with Fedora 11.
I don't know the problem involved in CentOS. Maybe someone
from the CentOS developer community should look into this.
The only difference I see between my setup and others is the
need for cciss RAID controller (HP smart array).

Am now facing issues with the guest VM Configuration file.
Will start a new email thread on that.

Thanks,
-Madhu