Re: [Xen-users] dom0 can see connections from domU-s

  • To: Deyan Chepishev <dchepishev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:01:31 -0300
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:02:18 -0700

Hi!

 Who know who can fix this in Linux? Linus!?

 I do the most weird solution for this annoying problem:

iptables -t nat -F
rmmod nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_conntrack ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack_ipv4 iptable_nat
# to make sure:
rmmod nf_conntrack_ipv4 nf_conntrack ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat nf_nat nf_conntrack_ipv4 iptable_nat

 I have this problem at my Linux border gateway, it can not even have the NAT module loaded, even if with no NAT rules, the Kernel drops a lot of packages on a busy network, saying that the NAT conntrack table is full... I hate it!   :-P

 The BSDs systems suffer from this evil behavior too?

 I never sent a mail to Linus before but, this can be a good time to do so.

 I say this because I believe that Linux should not drop network packets only by loading some module.

 ...or simply we do not know how to adjust it!

 I confess that today this is the only issue that I have with Linux.

Cheers!
Thiago