Re: [Xen-users] Why xen 3.4.x doesn't works on server with this controler Symbios Logic SAS1064ET PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS

Pasi Kärkkäinen pisze:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 04:22:35PM +0200, For@ll wrote:
Pasi Kärkkäinen pisze:
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:22:03PM +0200, Albert wrote:
I'm testing now xen 3.4.1(stable) and I testing before when is come a stable. I'm having problem with controller driver, he can't load itself properly so the system isn't booting. The system is debian 5.0 with kernel 2.6.26-2-xen from distribution the problem occure with both kernels

ouput from debian 5.0/kernel 2.6.26-2-xen/xen-3.4.1

Debian 2.6.26-2-xen is known to be buggy with newer hypervisors..

My pci controller: 01:00.0 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS (rev 04)

If anyone had the same problem with mtpsas driver and xen 3.4. What has been changed so it's not working on upper xen version.

The problem doesn't occure with xen 3.3.x

.. you could try manually updating to a newer mptsas driver version.

updated to a newer version of driver , you are thinking of downloading from the lsi site?

If lsi has a driver available, then yes. Or from a newer kernel version.

In debian repository the kernel 2.6.26-2-xen is a newest.
Or then try using linux-2.6.18-xen dom0 kernel? That's the official
supported/tested dom0 kernel for Xen 3.4.x.
If I used a kernel in version 2.6.18 I get error on can't mount a root file system, this kernel dooesn't see my disks.

So 2.6.18 doesn't detect the controller? Does it give you some errors?
Sounds like you need a newer driver.

Yes, the 2.6.18 doesn't detect a controler that the systems can't see a disks.