RE: [Xen-users] VNC Console Hangs

How about your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file ?
What's in it ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris [mailto:cjdl01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 13 August 2009 16:47
To: Munoz, Nicolas
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] VNC Console Hangs

vnc=1 only seems to work on my hvm domUs -- not my linux native domUs.

I think this is because the linux machines use the framebuffer, and
the others do not.

so, the line:
vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncdisplay=2' ]
is supposed to take care of this.  Without this line, the vncserver
never starts

Changing vnc=X doesn't seem to make any difference with the
paravirtualized linux boxes.

So... it seems to me this is an fb thing...  Booting to
non-virutalized linux boxes, you can see that this is where the
monitor makes the switch from a non-fb to a fb console. I cannot find
any documentation on this anywhere on this...

I've been trying to pass kernel params regarding fb to the the domu
using the "extra=" directive, like "extra='vga=791'" or
"extra='nofb'"... they just seem ignored...

Help?