[Xen-users] sometime it becomes no response when booting VM from images

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ming Chen <kingming0811@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 10:18:54 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 07:19:36 -0700

Hello,

I made an image by the host machine where the VMs are going to run. I copied several images on the NFS server, and mounted them onto a cluster. Each server in the cluster can start VM by those images as what to do locally. Right now, when I use "xm create vmx.cfg -c", the booting process often stops and becomes no response. The message is as follows. I have to shutdown the VM and restart it again. This phenomenon does not occur every time, but the chances are larger than 50%. (Sometimes the booting process goes very smoothly and I can logon the VM.) I have tried other images, but the same problem occurs. I am using Xen 3.4.0, and Fedora7 and 8. Xen is installed by compiling from source on the Fedora without xen. Could anyone give me a hand? Thanks a lot.

.
.
.
Pausing... 4Creating block device nodes.
Continuing...

usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0