Re: [Xen-users] Xen Panic w/ dom0 2.6.30.2 (gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com patches)

On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Andrew Lyon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Christian
>
> Fischer<Christian.Fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 04 August 2009, Jody Belka wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I just tried upgrading my dom0 to 2.6.30.2, using the patches on
> >> gentoo-xen-kernel.googlecode.com. It built ok, but trying to boot
> >> results in a "FATAL PAGE FAULT" error from xen.
> >>
> >> Xen specs = Xen 3.4.1-rc2, x84_64
> >>
> >> Has anyone seen this before, and maybe has an idea what's going wrong,
> >> and what I need to do to get a working dom0? I've attached screengrabs
> >> of the panic stack/call trace.
> >>

> >> Jody
> >
> > Tried 2.6.30-r2 on HP ProLiant DL380G5 with xen-3.3, panics, no output on
> > vga after relinquishing VGA console, works on Dell Optiplex Core2Duo.
> >
> > Switched back to 2.6.29-r4, works out of the box.
> >
> > Christian
>
> To be honest 2.6.29 is the best one to use at the moment, 2.6.30 has
> issues with networking which I've not been able to fix, also opensuse
> have selected 2.6.31 as their next distro kernel so I plan to rebase
> that as soon as it is released and to put more effort into supporting
> it, they have already moved to the 2.6.31-rcX tree so 2.6.30 is dead
> as far as opensuse are concerned, that makes it much harder for me to
> support.
>

> Andy

Andrew,

dou you think 2.6.29-xen-r4 is stable enough for production use? Or is it
somewhat experimental?

I have "xfs issues" with 2.6.18 and Eric Sandeen recommends something more
recent.

Christian

> > --
> > "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production
> >  deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
> >        --- Frank Vincent Zappa

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa