Re: [Xen-users] What can collapse all the domU????????'

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 07:23:33AM -0500, kazabe wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a dom0 running etch and 2 domU:  my webserver and mailserver.

What Xen version? What dom0 kernel version? Installed from sources, or from
some debian packages?

> In the lastest 3 months i was experimenting a complete collapse in all
> the domU, forcing us to reboot the dom0 to restore the virtual
> servers.  The latest issue was at the weekend, and the company was
> without email and website for 2 days.

Definitely something wrong here. Either you're running buggy version of Xen or
dmo0 kernel, or then your hardware if faulty.

> Now my boss have some doubts about if the virtualized environments are
> really stables, and im trying to demostrate if the problem was caused
> for the some dom0 failture, or if really can exist some problem with
> my virtualitation scenarie.
>
> Im searching in all the logs, and the only strange issue founded is a
> lot strange dns request in the bind server (installed in dom0).
>
> My question is:  What can collapse all the domU servers?  is possible
> install some package or anything to prevent or detect any possible
> problem for the domU's and give a faster answer to prevent a collapse?

Well you should check logs from dom0: dom0 kernel dmesg, /var/log/messages,
/var/log/syslog, "xm dmesg", "xm log".

Also, check all the logs from domUs.

And monitor CPU/memory/disk usage from dom0, and also from all the domUs.

-- Pasi