Re: [Xen-users] Error: ... Backend device not found.

hi,

Frank schrieb:

>>Are you sure that both these files exist at the path you've stated?
>
> Yes, the pathes are right. I nearly get sick. I've checked it several
> times and again and again :
>> > Error: Device 771 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not
> found.

maybe too many loop mounts? Try to create a few new loop devices.

--

modules.conf:

options loop max_loop=256

# mknod -m 660 /dev/loop8 b 7 8
# mknod -m 660 /dev/loop9 b 7 9
# mknod -m 660 /dev/loop10 b 7 10

or just:

# for ((i=8;i<=$ANZAHL;i+=1)); do mknod -m 660 /dev/loop$i b 7 $i; done

# if loop is compiled into the kernel, than you have to add to the Linux
 Kernel line:

module /boot/vmlinuz max_loop=256 ....

cu denny

--
Stoppt den Überwachungswahn - Stoppt den Schäuble Katalog:
http://www.nopsis.de