[Xen-users] xen 3.1 live migration

Good morning,
I installed 3 fedora core 7 machines with xen 3.1
Two machine (hp dl 360) are identical and windows guest live migration works fine.
One of them is a HP dl 580 and live migration from/to hp 360 does not work.
Stopping and restarting guests works in any case also if hardware is non identical.
I read somewhere machine must be identical for live migration: is it true ?

Why live migration does not work also if cpu type is almost identical ?
And why stopping and restarting guest works in any case ?

Many thanks
Igna