RE: [Xen-users] decreasing Xenmon overhead

  • To: "Ashish Gupta" <ashishgup@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 12:07:47 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 03:06:25 -0700

Yes, simply don't use 100ms inervals?

> Are there ways I can drastically reduce this overhead ? I
> read somwhere about event overhead, using event masks and
> python overhead,  but am not really sure how to use this
> information to reduce the overhead.

Perhaps write a C-program rather than using Python to fetch/format the
information? That shouls improve it, but I guess you'll still see a
noticable overhead if you sample the information every 100ms.

I'm not sure it's that meaningfull to run it that frequently, really.

--
Mats