Re: [Xen-users] Live Migration with IPs?

Hello Brent,

Say I have a class C, 192.168.1.0/24, with 10 physical servers and 5 VMs on each physical server for a total of 50 domU. Each domU has 3 IPs. My question is, do I need to setup each physical server with all 150 IPs and bridge only the ones needed at that time for the running VMs?

You don't bridge IPs, you bridge interfaces only. The only thing needed on the physical servers (dom0) is to have a bridge (e.g. xenbr0) to the interface connected to 192.168.1.0/24. The DomUs will then take care of the IPs while migrating.

Regards,
Bjoern