[Xen-users] Firewire, PCI TV Tuner Card, PCI Wireless LAN Card, and USB Device Support Under Windows XP Xen Guest

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Teo En Ming" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:44:08 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 May 2007 06:42:29 -0700

Dear All,

Assuming that I buy a HVM compatible processor and motherboard, and having installed a linux host operating system with a Xen kernel, I proceed to install a Windows XP guest virtual machine. The question is:

Will I be able to use the firewire ports, USB ports, TV Tuner program and wireless LAN card inside Windows XP guest VM? Will I be able to do video editing inside Windows XP guest VM? Or is networking the one and only feature that is supported under Windows XP guest operating system? And I won't be able to use anything else inside Windows XP guest?

Thank you.