Re: [Xen-users] RE: xend stop doesn't call network-script stop

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:07:59PM +0200, Schober Walter wrote:
> Hello Daniel!
>
> I agree on that point below! I'd like to leave networing to the distro,
> but the thing is, that the vif0.X - vethX links do not work anymore w/o
> xend running, isn't it?a

Yes, that's the core blocking problem at the moment. Work is being
undertaken to remove need for the vethX stuff in future Xen release.

> And I read in some Howto that I should use vethX even in Dom0 because of
> priorization of traffic and penalties to DomUs, if Dom0 has IP attached
> to the xenbr directly.
>
> Anyway, I can deal with it - it's just impossible to restart xend during
> operation then, because those redhat scripts together with bonding do
> work only on clean start (ifup on bond device, where slaves already
> attached .... brrrr).

You could put some logic in the 'start' method so that it does nothing if
it detects the bonding stuff is already setup.

Dan.