[Xen-users] Intel Vanderpool (VMX) - Package deb86 for Debian Etch?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:40:05 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2007 04:38:39 -0700

Hi, I'm trying to install a unmodified linux image in my Intel CPU with VMX
extension (so I won't need a modified guest kernel).

I've found two links about it:
  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-01/msg00153.html
  http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VmxQuickstartGuide

I've read this:

"The following packages need to be installed in order to build Xen with VT
support. Some Linux distributions do not provide these packages by default.
The dev86 package provides an assembler and linker for real mode 80x86
instructions. You need to have this package installed in order to build the
BIOS code which runs in (virtual) real mode."

I can't found "dev86" package in Debian. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc@xxxxxxxxxxxx