Re: [Xen-users] LVM?

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 01:16:07PM +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just starting with XEN and I've few basic questions.
> My last goal is build a system with dom0 CentOS-based and domU
> CentOS-based too.
>
> So...
>
> 1) ÂIs LVM filesystem managment recommended? The CentOS partitioner uses
> LVM by default, but I can disable it manually. ÂOffers LVM any
> advantatge over tradictional partition system?

You definitely want LVM in dom0. Makes setting up filesystems for domUs
easy and convenient, with barely any overhead.

> 2) Same question about SELinux.

There is probably no point in having selinux in dom0, you should only
ever let root in there.

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown