[Xen-users] Network based storage - NBD/AoE/iSCSI other?

I'm currently investigating setting up few Xen servers.  I've noticed
that currently live migration of Xen's require you to use a network
based storage system.

So, I've looked at a few of the options, and they all strike me as
reasonably 'new' to linux, so I'm not sure how stable these options are.

iSCSI looked like a good bet, but the fact it's using TCP/IP seems like
a crazy overhead to use when I'm most likely going to be hosting the
storage on the same layer 2 network as the servers.

AoE solves that above concern but I'm confused as to what would happen
should I need to move from SATA storage drives to SCSI for performance
reasons.

Someone also advised my against NBD saying that his notes suggest that
it will not start servicing a second write untill the first has completed.

Having googled I've not found a huge amount of documentation on any of
these options, and I'm unsure as to what option to do with.  I was
hoping people might take some time to write to the list with their
experiences with these technologies.

Many thanks,

--
Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk