[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] xen-3.0-testing

Shaun Reitan wrote:
Does 2.6.16 have all the patches? even ones that where discovered in 2.6.17, not sure if there are any but just wondering.

If you mean security patches... at least as long that tree is supported by kernel.org, but please check yourself and don't blame me otherwise or if you have a problem (without warranty :-).

E.g. one issue mentioned in the original post:
Privilege escalation fixed in 2.6.17.10 http://secunia.com/advisories/21515/

Is also fixed in 2.6.16.28 (from 25 Aug 2006), see
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.16.28
and look for CVE-2006-3745, which is one of the official CVE numbers for that secunia report.

I suppose you will find the others, too.

Best Regards
Michael Paesold