[Xen-users] Problem with creating domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Arsen Hayrapetyan <ahairape@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:10:37 +0200 (CEST)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:11:34 -0700

Hello,

I am newbe to Xen and I have problems with creation of domU.
I have installed Xen and created dom0 following the guidelines at:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes-2.0/user/user.html#s:xend
and
http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/xenag/configuring_xen.html

I am tring to create domU (being booted into dom0).
I have created the file /vm1disk and populated it with the relevant
directories of installed Linux (the same Linux which I have on dom0).
I have started the xend daemon and it has started mormally (I have
checked the /var/log/xend.log).
I have also connected the loop1 loop device to the vm1disk file:
"losetup /dev/loop0 /path/to/file".

Then I have created the following conf file (/etc/xen/vm1conf):

==============begin=======================
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-xenU"
memory = 128
name = "alpha"
nics=1

#disk = [ 'phy:sda5,sda1,w' ]
#disk = [ 'file:/vm1disk, sda1,w' ]
disk = [ 'phy:loop1, sda1 ,w' ]

root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
extra = "3"
===============end======================

When I am issuing the following command:
"xm create /etc/xen/vm1conf -c",
it dies with:
'Using config file "/etc/xen/vm1conf".
Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Device not found:  sda1'

I am getting the same error when I use
"disk = [ 'file:/vm1disk, sda1,w' ]"

So, can anyone explain me what is the problem?

Thank you in advance,
Arsen.