Re: [Xen-users] CPU management in XEN

Le Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 10:25:41AM +0200, Atle Rudshaug
[atle.rudshaug@xxxxxxxxx] a écrit:
> I am doing some research about CPU utilization in Xen. My scenario is
> running multiple domU's with Oracle databases running on them. Is there any
> way to prevent one domU using 100% of the servers resources, e.g. in case of
> an error, making the other domU's very slow and unresponsive? How much of
> this is already done automatically in Xen by the schedulers?

The Xen schedulers already attemp (and quite well) to balance the CPU
utilization across virtual machines.
So, for example, with default parameters 2 virtual machines running CPU
intensive tasks will get 50% each of the available CPU.
With advanced settings, you can define the weight of each of virtual
server.

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau
Neuronnexion, Prestataire Internet & Intranet