Re: [Xen-users] xen will only load images built for xen v3.0

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:43 pm, Alan Murrell wrote:
> Hi Jeffery,
>
> I am not sure if this will help or not...
>
> First, regarding your problem: Are you trying to run a DomU under your
> newly-installed xen-3 host that was previously running under a xen-2
> host?  It sounds like a similar problem I had when I was having a look
> at xen-3 a while ago...

no this is a fresh install of Xen versions:

xen-3.0-0.20050823.6mdk
kernel-xenU-2.6.16.1mdk
kernel-xen0-2.6.16.1mdk

I know that xen version is pretty old but matching up with the latest of the
kernel might not do any good I suppose?

> Regarding Mandriva and Xen: Many months ago, I ran into a similar
> problem as Geza: networking would not work.  I switched the host
> (Domain0) to Debian, running the "unstable" version (of the 2.0.x
> series, I believe; I am fairly certain it is not 3.0.x, as this was
> before 3.0.x was released officially)
>
> My DoU's are all Mandriva, though :-)
>
> I am thinking of upgrading to the latest 3.0.x (I have another machine I
> can test things on first) but wanted to see what sort of bugs others are
> experiencing first.
>
> I would like to have my host system as Mandriva, preferably installed
> via RPM.  I suspect Mandriva Cooker, or possibly the 2007.0 tree that is
> in "devel" may have more up-to-date builds than the pre-release snapshot
> of 3.0.0, though I have not yet looked, but I just may give that a shot.
>
> -Alan

I actually managed to build the cooker version of Xen but that had some other
errors which I didn't get time to notice before it rebooted. If I build the
xen rpm do I need to re-build the kernel as well ?