[Xen-users] memory, maxmem and xm mem-set

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ralf Schenk <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:23:22 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:23:55 -0700

Hello !

>From reading the python script "create.py" I found the config-parameter
"maxmem =" that should set the maximum memory for a DomU. This does not
work. I can't increase memory for any DomU above the initial level set
by "memory =".

I want to do the following: start 2 DomU's on my home server (AMD64
3200+, 2 GB) that only use 128MB inital Memory.
I want to be able to increase memory usage for each domain to about
1.5GB when I need the Domains for example for compiling packages for
different distributions.

How can I achieve this ?. The only way I found was:
1. Create DomU with 1.5GB,
2. "xm mem-set Domain 128"
3. Increase Memory for Domain0 that has been assigned to DomU again via
"xm mem-set Domain-0 XXX".

Thats not nice...

Ralf Schenk
fon (02 41) 9 91 21-0