Re: [Xen-users] how to find out whether glibc is XEN-ready or not

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 17:49 +0200, Ulf Behrens wrote:
> According to their instructions the glibc coming with SuSE 10.0 should
> be patched in a way that /lib/tls can be used. I enabled /lib/tls again
> and it worked - but how can I be sure that xen is really running in an
> efficient mode not using wrap-around segments?

I can't speak for the SuSE package, but on FC5 glibc picks up the right
TLS version automatically too.  You can check it's working with

        $ cat /proc/self/maps

which on my local i386 dom0 shows:

                /lib/i686/nosegneg/libc-2.4.so

as the libc in use, showing it is detecting and using the "nosegneg"
Xen-friendly version automatically.  SuSE may well be using a similar
scheme.

--Stephen