Re: [Xen-users] Major problems with 2.0.7 and SATA drives

Hi,

ata1: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
ata1: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

this is usually a warning that only comes if the harddrive is really broken
(and cannot read/write some blocks). I saw this message a lot in the last
time and every time the diskdrive was really broken. But I never saw this in
on a xen host. So maybe it's _only_ a xen problem and not a hw problem, but
you should check.

To be sure you should check the harddrive with a special testing tool. All
major companies that sell harddrive have their own tool. I guess WD has a
similar tool anywhere on their webpage.

--Ralph