[Xen-users] xm save error

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: john bryant <bryant.johan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:43:09 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:41:03 +0000

Hi,

I am new to Xen working.  I am not able to save newly created domain ( Xen 2.0.5) .
xm save 3 test

Following is log of /var/log/xend-debug.log:

Xfrd>connectionLost> [Failure instance: Traceback: twisted.internet.error.Connecti
onLost, Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.
]
XfrdSaveInfo>connectionLost> [Failure instance: Traceback: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost, Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.
]
XfrdInfo>connectionLost> [Failure instance: Traceback: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost, Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.
]
Error> save failed
Error> calling errback
***cbremove> [Failure instance: Traceback: xen.xend.XendError.XendError, save failed
]
***_delete_session> 3
clientConnectionLost> connector= <twisted.internet.tcp.Connector instance at 0xb78bc42c> reason= [Failure instance: Traceback: twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost, Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion.

I am using Debian sarge as my base system.  Reading from previous threads in the list I have tried following things:
libcurl.so.4 is installed.
libcrypto.so.4 is linked to libcrypto.so.0.9.7.
libssl.so.4 is linked to libssl.so.0.9.7.

I have also tried "xend restart" and getting same message after saving
when i type "xfrd"  on command line, it hangs ( nothing happens, I have to get back to prompt control-C).
Since save is not working correctly, so migration is also giving same problem. PLEASE HELP.

In reference to previous similar thread:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2004-10/msg00524.html

"xm migrate 4 test" results in following error message

Error: Error: [Failure instance: Traceback: xen.xend.XendError.XendError, migrate failed

PLEASE HELP

-john