[Xen-users] MTU limits?

The network device on our hardware uses a rather large MTU (~16k), but I noticed that when setting up bridging, the MTU for the bridge and veth device is set to 1500. Trying to set the MTU on the bridge, or eth device to match that of the peth is unsuccessful:

[root@por-hv-proto3-p4 ~]# ip link set eth0 mtu 16896
SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument
[root@por-hv-proto3-p4 ~]#  ip link set xen-br0 mtu 16896
SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument

We're using xen-unstable, but a very similar issue was discussed regarding 2.0.6 on the list a while back, see:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2005-07/msg00187.html

IIRC, the poster was suggesting that the 1500 MTU limit is in the bridge or the vif code and I was wondering if this is the case.

Thanks,

Pat

--
Patrick O'Rourke