[Xen-devel] irqbalance segfaults

Hi all,

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H; CPU is an AMD Phenom X2 B60; Memory is 8G 1333 DDR3.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to get any serial port output from it.

The hypervisor I downloaded and compiled is 4.1.1 but /sys/hypervisor/version reports 4.0.2.

Kernel is 3.0.0-rc4 from Konrad from 7 days ago.

Running kernel on bare metal works in runlevel 3 and runlevel 5.

Running kernel on xen runs in runlevel 3 but changing to runlevel 5 shows the "ps2 connector" for about a second then goes to the arrow cursor on a black screen. After that I'm unable to change to any of the 6 ttys and have to reboot to escape.

When booting the kernel on xen I see the following error go by on the kernel's boot info:

irqbalance[1257]: segfault at 4 ip 0000003446a64f6 sp 00007fffd9f72880 error 6 in lib-2.13.so[3446800000 + 191000]

Attached is the dmesg output which reports a lot of ACPI errors. (Apologies, it's 16k).

I've noticed some conversations on this list about Gigabyte boards not reporting C1 and C2 data and wonder if this may be related?

Side note: The Xen portion of the boot is blindingly fast compared to all previous versions and kernels :)

Thanks for any insight,
Mike Wright