Re: Re: [Xen-devel] AW: Load increase after memory upgrade?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:56:38PM +0200, Carsten Schiers wrote:
> >Um, so 2.6.34 to 2.6.32 causes this spike in usage?
>
> Definitely yes.

What happens if you remove the extra 4GB of memory? You mentioned you did
two things: a) more memory and b) change kernel versions.

Need to narrow down which one is at fault here.

> > What is the SWIOTLB (PCI-DMA32) usage between these two kernels
>
> I don't understand. What do you mean? The only difference is that I call
> up the swiotlb differently:
>
> On pvops: iommu=soft

so 64MB here
> On rebased: swiotlb=32,force

32MB here.

Which is OK. I was somehow thinking you might have a small amount of
memory in the pvops case - but you actually have a pretty big buffer there.

> BTW: changing to 64,force doesn't make a difference.

<nods> So DMA might not be an issue here..