Re: [Xen-devel] Difference XEN_DOMCTL_getdomaininfo and XEN_SYSCTL_getdomaininfolist

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 22:14 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> While doing some research, I found two functions in libxc that seem to
> do the same thing: xc_domain_getinfo and xc_domain_getinfolist. This
> functions uses two different hypervisor functions, both returning the
> same structure.
>
> Is there a reason for this, except that xc_domain_getinfo returns a
> different structure?

I wouldn't like to say for sure but it is probably no particular reason
other than Hysterical Raisins...

I suppose the structure from xc_domain_getinfo being partially digested
is helpful to some callers. On the other hand xc_domain_getinfolist gets
the list in a single hypercall which takes the domlistlock so I guess it
is in some sense a more consistent snapshot.

Ian.