Re: [Xen-devel] Reading xen-syms

At 15:43 -0700 on 22 Jun (1308757414), Ashwini Bhat wrote:
> Thanks Tim. But Im looking to get hold of the symbols without help from the
> hypervisor. Is that possible ?

Use your favourite debugging tool on xen-syms?

If you want to be able to extract symbol information from the running
hypervisor, with a tool in user-space, without knowing what hypervisor
build you're running on (like /proc/kallsyms) then you're out of luck.
You could probably add a hypercall to extract the symbols, and if you
have a convincing reason why it's useful then patches would be welcome.

Tim.