Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU Interrupt Remapping query

  • To: Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:53:56 +0100
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:54:42 -0700

On 06/06/2011 17:37, "Andrew Cooper" <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/06/11 16:21, Keir Fraser wrote:
>> On 06/06/2011 15:32, "Andrew Cooper" <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> This problem occurs with the XenServer version of 4.1.0 as well as on
>>> xen-unstable at the moment.
>>>
>>> Is there any hardware state which is not taken down by the disable
>>> function, any subtle interactions which I have not taken account of?  I
>>> have looked through the source and nothing pops out, but I am out of ideas.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>
> Attached are the two relevant patches, and two which I don't think are
> relevant but might be if I am wrong.  crash_shutdown was an attempt to
> make an iommu_ops which shut down all iommu functionality without saving
> state.  debug-wip shows where I have put in debug statements.

I think what you need to do ought to be quite similar to the teardown we do
for S3 suspend. Have you considered reusing some of the mechanism in
arch/x86/acpi/power.c? The function device_power_down(), and possibly some
other bits in its caller, would be especially useful I should think. It
already shuts down iommu functionality, turns off x2apic, etc etc. Even if
it is not a perfect fit as is, perhaps it could be fixed up -- it sure looks
similar to what ypu're trying to do. :-)

 -- Keir