[Xen-devel] Re: HVM hypercalls

Hi,

I recently started working on XEN, and I am looking for ways to invoke
hypercalls from HVM.
I followed your instructions and succeeded in reading MSR register.
But when i attempt to write the physical address of a 4K page from my HVM
guest (2.6.30 kernel), i observed the XEN hypervisor reporting it as bad
GMFN as follows.

[root@f13 ~]# xm dmesg -c
(XEN) traps.c:664:d17 Bad GMFN ffff88001e925 (MFN ffffffffffffffff) to MSR
40000000

Could you please help me in understanding what went wrong in my
implementation.

I am running XEN 4.0.1 on AMD 64bit machine with svm support and the dom0
kernel running 2.6.32.39.

The
Thanks & Regards,
VSR.