[Xen-devel] Re: Debugging hvmloader and vmxassist

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: henanwxr <henanwxr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:22:24 -0700

Hi, I think it is impossible to send the print message of hvmloader to qemu
directly.
Becuase before qemu could work(such as show message in screen with its VGA
driver), the VGA bios must be installed, but as wo konw, the installiation
VAG bios is done by hvmloader.Until hvmloader and bios(including system
bios, vga bios, etc) have done, then the qemu can work.

Although we can not do this directly, you can store the message of hvmloader
in a big buffer, when the qemu can work, then let qemu get buffer to its
screen or logfile.