Re: [Xen-devel] Too much VCPUS makes domU high CPU utiliazation

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:19:11AM +0800, MaoXiaoyun wrote:

> HI:
>
>      I have a host with 16 physical CPUS. Dom0 has 4 VCPUS.
>
>     When only start a domU-A(windows 2003 x86 64rc 2) with 16 VCPUS, it
> starts quickly and eveything is fine.
>
>      But if I first start domU-B, which has 2VCPUS, domU-C 4VCPUS, and domU-D
> 8 VCPUS,  later I start DomUA again,
> (so we have total 34 VCPUS, plus dom0), it will takes very long time for
> domU-A to start ,and during the start, its CPU
> utilizaiton is around 800% from xm top, after its start, it response very
> slow in VNC, ans CPU utiliazation keeps high.
> And right after I destoy other 3 domUs, domUA CPU drops to normal.

You might be missing some patches for the Dom0 irq round-robin code. Is your
Dom0 2.6.32 pvops?
Look for these patches in your git log:
  xen: events: Remove redundant clear of l2i at end of round-robin loop
      xen: events: Make round-robin scan fairer by snapshotting each l2 word
once only
      xen: events: Clean up round-robin evtchn scan.
      xen: events: Make last processed event channel a per-cpu variable.
      xen: events: Process event channels notifications in round-robin order.