Re: [Xen-devel] Re: non-contiguous allocations

On Fri, May 06, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 06/05/2011 19:12, "Olaf Hering" <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  From which pool should the per-cpu tracebuffers
> > get allocated?  alloc_domheap_page() wants a domain, so I think thats
> > the wrong interface.
>
> Yes, sticking with alloc_xenheap_pages() is good.

Another question:
alloc_trace_bufs() calls alloc_xenheap_pages(0, MEMF_bits(32 + PAGE_SHIFT));

MEMF_bits() is not used in the i386 codepath in alloc_heap_pages(),
unless I miss something.
Otherwise alloc_domheap_pages() is called, which passes BITS_PER_LONG
instead of 32 to domain_clamp_alloc_bitsize().

Is the hardcoded 32+PAGE_SHIFT required in some way, or could I just use
the alloc_xenheap_page() macro and let alloc_domheap_pages() deal with
allocation details?

Olaf